The American Society for Reproductive Medicine have released a recent study done on couples, that for about 30 percent of them, the cause of infertility has something to do with the male’s health.
The men may have normal semen analysis results; unfortunately, there are still factors that are affecting the chances of getting couples pregnant. Moreover, a study in The Journal of Neuroscience found that children born to men who are stressed had a reduced response to stress, and are also linked to anxiety and depression.
So, you want to get pregnant? Boost your guy’s fertility and increase your chances of getting pregnant with these tips:
- Junk the junk food.Bridgit Danner, a licensed acupuncturist and fertility specialist at Blue Sky Wellness Studio in Portland, Oregon and author of “Making Super Sperm,” said, “It takes away nutrients you could be using to make sperm.” Fertility is affected due to an inflammation in the body from eating processed, packaged and fast foods.
- Pomegranate diet.“Testosterone has bad side effects and it’s not for everyone,” according to Dr. Patrick Fratellone, an integrative physician and an herbalist in New York City. Pomegranate seeds are better alternatives to boosting the hormones because they are a natural aromatase inhibitor, which prevents testosterone from being converted into estrogen.
- Grab that gym bag.Danner adds, “Exercise raises your testosterone and that helps you make sperm.” However, excessive exercise or overtraining can deplete vitamins and stored hormones. Too much time on a bike or in spinning class can also put excessive pressure on the testicles.
- Do away with anything plastic.A study in Fertility and Sterility found that men who are exposed to phthalates, a group of chemicals present in plastic containers and hair products, took 20 percent longer to get their partners pregnant. Opt for glass over plastic and check the Environmental Working Group’s website for safer products that you can use.
- Beat the squirrel to the punch.A study in the Journal Biology of Reproduction found that men who include almonds, Brazil nuts and walnuts in their diet improve their sperm vitality, motility and morphology. It has been known that most nuts are filled with selenium, zinc and copper which help sperm count.
- Mushroom treatFratellone added that Reishi mushrooms, which strengthen the immune system, anti-inflammatory and can prevent and treat candida yeast growth in the colon, a phenomenon that makes it hard for sperm to function. Include these mushrooms into your diet and reap the benefits. Shiitake and cordyceps are also good choices and can be eaten whole and much better than taking a pill.
- The building blocks of proteinProteins are important to make healthy sperm and the amino acids, as the building blocks of protein, are believed to give you that healthy sperm. L-arginine and l- carnitine are two that have been used to reverse male infertility and these are available in many food sources. If you will be taking the capsule form, be sure to check with an integrative physician, naturopathic or herbalist for the correct dosage.
- Keep the sunscreen to a minimumThe National Institutes of Health have recently released a study that high levels of exposure to two UV filters – BP-2 and 4OH-BP, found in sunscreen and other personal care products, had a 30 percent reduction in fertility. Cut down on using too much of these products as much as you can and better hit the shower after a day under the sun and using sunscreen, as those ingredients may not be listed on the label and washing it off may help remove the filters from your body.
- Smoking is hazardous to your health.If you really want to get pregnant, quit smoking – that gives you another reason to refrain from buying the cigarettes next time. Smoking and taking marijuana can cause oxidative stress and damage your sperm. Also, a recent study in the Journal Human Reproduction found that smoking marijuana can change the size and shape of the sperm, let alone destroy your brain cells.
- Try herbsThe American ginseng, rosemary, green tea, turmeric, resveratrol and saw palmetto are just some of the herbs that can help sperm production. Additionally, Tribulus is also a well known herb to help testosterone and increase sperm count and aid the motility of the sperm. It also prevents anti-sperm antibodies from partying in your body.
- Go commandoIt doesn’t only induce sexual come-ons but not wearing underwear occasionally or wearing loose fitting cotton underwear can also help increase sperm production.
- Stress-free lifeAim for a stress-free life and get enough sleep. No sleep and stress can take a toll on your adrenal glands and affect sperm production. Give yourself time to relax, sleep an extra hour and have as much fun with your spouse and friends as you can.
For more information about various urological conditions, visit Dr. Bert Vorstman at https://urologyweb.com/exclusive-medical-reports/
Dr. Vorstman also blogs at http://www.urologyweb.com/uro-health-blog/
Contact him directly at email@example.com.